Curve gas trader
Curve gas trader
Do you have what it takes to work in a fast-paced trading environment with ambitions to be the best?
We are about to strengthen our Gas Curve Trading team with a new Gas Trader. The gas trading desk at Centrica Energy Trading (formerly known as Neas Energy) is expanding its business throughout Europe where we provide real time optimization, flexibility services and proprietary trading. Our constant market presence means that we are on top of market changes and can act fast.
Here, you join a gas trading team of 24 professionals placed in modern facilities that support our joint efforts.
Your responsibilities will include
- Executing physical and financial gas trades focused on continental European gas markets, following a combination of fundamental and technical strategies
- Developing, testing and executing new trading strategies and improve existing ones
- Participating in portfolio construction, challenge consensus view and monitor exposure
- Actively pursue knowledge to develop the desk trading abilities in new markets
- Provide open, honest and constructive feedback on trading performance and recommendations.
- Track performance, share it, and learn from it.
The ideal candidate
You have 3+ years´ experience in natural gas markets trading, and have a thorough understanding of gas fundamental, logistics and of the broader energy market complex. From your experience you naturally have an excellent understanding of trading hubs, market participants and financial hedging. You are focused on details and have a result-orientated and enthusiastic mindset.
- Master Degree in Finance/Economics or similar
- Proven commercial track record in gas asset optimization, trading and/or in a commercial role
- Strong network in the industry
- Previous experience in trading non-linear products is a plus
- Strong business acumen coupled with entrepreneurial flair
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of trading system software
- Work as a team player and on your own – the members of our team depend on each other
Make a real impact, as you make the most of your talent
Get to work with international colleagues who set the bar high and where days are not the same. This is a job where you can develop both on a professional and personal level.
So take this opportunity to join one of the most successful gas trading teams in Europe.
We look forward to hearing from you!
JKS CAREER handles the recruitment for centrica and if you are interested in applying for this exciting position, please submit an application, CV and relevant documents via Apply for positionbelow. Apply as soon as possible as we will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
Due to the Personal Data Ordinance, we do not receive CVs and applications by mail.
If you have any questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Head of Department Anne-Marie Hviid Ekstrøm on tel. +45 30851294 or e-mail: [email protected]
Ansøgningsfrist Mandag den 10. august 2020
- Se også andre jobs af typen Geolog og geograf i Aalborg
Indrykket: 9.7.2020AalborgVil du være del af en af landets største landinspektørarbejdspladser og få indflydelse på vores udvikling i Nordjylland? Kan du arbejde selvstændigt på projekter og har du mod på at være med til at skabe fremtidens enestående løsninger sammen med os? Så bliv en del af COWI.